Report in 3 Easy Steps!
Cases should ONLY be reported by physicians, hospitals, infection control practitioners and laboratories.
All suspected or confirmed cases of Class A reportable disease, bioterrorism event or other infectious disease emergencies MUST be reported IMMEDIATELY by phone as soon as knowledge or suspicion of a case exists.
- What is a Class A disease?
- During business hours (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
M-F excluding holidays): Call (614) 525-8888 and leave a message with the following information: patient name, date of birth, address, phone number, reportable condition, provider or facility information, lab test collection date and specimen/test type or clinical symptoms (if no lab done).
- After hours: Call (614) 525-3965. Tell the answering service that you are calling to report a Class A disease. They will take your information and you’ll be contacted shortly after by a public health investigator.
- HIV/AIDS (Age 13 & Older)
- HIV/AIDS (Under Age 13)
- Animal Bite Intake Form
- Harmful Algal Bloom Related Illness Surveillance Form
- Influenza Associated Hospitalization Case Report Form
- Influenza Associated Pediatric Death Case Report Form
- Legionnaire’s Disease Case Report Form
- Lyme Disease Case Report Form
- Malaria Case Surveillance Report Form
- Mosquito Borne Illness Case Investigation Form
- Tuberculosis Active/Suspect Case Referral Form
- Tuberculosis (Interjurisdictional) Notification Form
- Tuberculosis (Interjurisdictional) Notification Follow-Up Form
- Varicella Reporting Form